From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Raby, Steve
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 3:39 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] WDSCi Tutorials/CODE Designer

Hello all,

I am part way thru Don's tutorials (they are really good BTW :-) )and have got
to the bit about working with DSPF's using CODE designer, I tried to open this
and get a message 'The RSE connection My_iSeries could not not be registered
with CODE communications' the details of this message are;

To launch the CODE tools from the Workbench RSE connections must be registered
with CODE communications.  Possible cause:

1.  The limit of 20 servers in CODE communications has been reached.  Delete
some of the servers from the CODE communications console or stop and restart
the CODE communication daemon.
2.  The local Windows TCP/IP hosts file is read-only.  Find the hosts file
(typically %windows_install_dir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) and make sure it
is not read-only.
3.  The RSE connection name contains DBCS characters.  Rename the RSE
connection, removing any DBCS characters.

I have checked No. 2 and it is not just read only, I am a little lost about the
other two, although I don't think the name contains any DBCS characters, unless
it is another name I know nothing about, and I dont think there are over 20
servers but I could be wrong.

When I came to load the CODE/VisualAge stuff it appeared to work ok apart from
lots of messages stating that it could not create a whack of desktop icons. But
I cannot find CODE or VisualAge anywhere, where/what do I look to check? We are
on version 5.1 BTW.

Thanks in advance for your help chaps and chapesses.

Steve