Charles

I think I get it. The problem that I see is, if you have not typed in the PR, then when you press enter it goes to the next line, and the one you were on has the syntax error. I'd look in the Preferences to see whether automatic syntax checking is on - seems it is. This setting is in Remote Systems->iSeries->LPEX Editor Parsers (something like that).

I have seen that syntax error messages don't always clear.

I'm assuming that the actual name you are using is not as long as the example you gave, as that one WAS too long.

HTH
Vern