Now THAT would be a great place to start a WDSci section!!

Thanks for the link!

Bas

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Namens J.Beckeringh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Verzonden: donderdag 2 september 2004 13:19
Aan: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Onderwerp: RE: [WDSCI-L] Some obvious questions on WDSci ?

Bas,

>1.
>Take a look at http://search.experts-exchange.com and you'll know what
>I mean with 'forum like set-up'

Hm. You can turn the question around: why doesn't this site list OS/400?

As for forums for iSeries: goto
<http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/isnforums/>.

>3, 6.
>For my company it is NOT an option to convert to RPG IV (as much as
>I'll like to) so you can imagine that I am somewhat frustrated to be
>forced to work with RPG/400 and on top of that find out that using
>WDSci for this is simply not complete.

Why is converting not an option? After conversion you have exactly the
same program, in a slightly different format, that is most probably
easier to read. Only disadvantage I can think of is that you can't
easily copy fragments of code from one format to the other. If you think
RPG IV is
'new': it is older than Windows 95. Imagine a company for which it is
not an option to replace Windows 3.1 with something more modern.

Joep Beckeringh