Wim,

Glad to hear you figured out the problem.  If there are any inquiry
messages issued when running your interactive program via the STRRSESVR
connection then they are displayed in the emulator (for example, opening a
file that is not in the library list.)  However, if an escape message is
issued then the interactive job catches it and ignores it (although it
should still be shown in the job log.)  This is the scenario that you were
seeing.

We are working on making this message handling better and you will start to
see some improvements in this area in the next release (still can't say
when that is : )

Don Yantzi
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone: (905) 413-4476
IBM internal:  IBMCA(yantzi)  -  Internet: yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx

             "Heuvel van den,
             Wim"
             <w.vandenHeuvel@s                                          To
             ilvac.nl>                 "'Websphere Development Studio
             Sent by:                  Client for iSeries'"
             wdsci-l-bounces@m         <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             idrange.com                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/02/2004 02:37          RE: [WDSCI-L] Interacting with an
             AM                        interactive job from WDSci/erro
                                       r messages in WDSci

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries

Found the 'error' at last... Don, thank you for your reaction (you pointed
in the right direction) but is was an 'iSeries-issue'. The profile I used
log-on to the iSeries didn't have the correct libraries in the library
list.
So the program stopped running, and I didn't have the possibility (in the
debug perspective) to run or release the job. It didn't give me any error
messages either, not on the WDSci-side anyway. First I checked things like
WDSci-PTF's and so on, until I finaly checked the job log from the
interactive job I used. I should have done so right away; there it gave me
the right error message: unable to find the *SRVPGM! So it was not a
WDSci-thing I missed, it was a simple *LIBL-issue.... Shame on me!

So I change the question... Did I overlook the correct error message in
WDSci? As far as I can see, it isn't in the iSeries Commands Log!

Wim