From: Heuvel van den, Wim [mailto:w.vandenHeuvel@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 10:41 AM
To: 'wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Interacting with an interactive job from WDSci

Good morning!

My name is Wim van den Heuvel. I am exploring the possibilities of WDSci,
and am getting very enthousiast about most of the features. Since a couple
of days I am working on how to debug an interactive program. I started the
Deamon from RSE, and started the RSESVR-job on the iSeries. The IBM RSE
Communications Server job is started and associated to WDSci. I created a
simple program in free format ILE RPG, which contains of a module calling a
second module in a service program. Within the first module a 5250-display
should be presented. However, in the 5250-screen it shows the prompt from
the call-command (? CALL PGM(SAMPLE), but when I press <enter> the IBM RSE
Communications Server-screen is displayed again, telling me my command has
completed. It never showed the first screen from my program!

I am working with WebSphere Development Studio Client Advanced Edition for
iSeries, Version: 5.1, Build id: 20030908_2154 , checked and loaded the
PTF's from www.IBM.com/software/awdtools/studioappdev/support
Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Wim van den Heuvel