I would try just adding the CHGJOB command to the connection.  Seems like
it would be less impact.  Expand your connection, right-click on iSeries
Commands and click Properties.  Then click the "Initial Library List"
property page and there is a place to enter a command string.
Unfortunately, there is no prompting that I see, so you would need to cut
& paste the correct string.  But if you entered something like this it
would get the same result.

CHGJOB OUTQ(SOMELIB/SOMEQ)

Mark

wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 01/12/2004 12:05:35 PM:

> Mark,
>
> Basically we are just going to create a dummy print device and change
the
> programmers user profiles to go to that device. Our administrator
chooses
> not to change objects that could possibly be updated by an O/S upgrade.
Will

<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 10:32 AM
> Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] iSeries search update
>

> > Gregg,
> >
> > I think the issue is that the jobs that WDSC uses that communicate
with
> > your iSeries are pre-start jobs which are started under the QUSER
profile.
> >  If I look at the jobs on my system, I see that the jobs use the
QDFTJOBD