I might be able to shed some light on this.  All of the apps that are
accessing the iSeries do so by using the IBM JT400 Toolbox classes which
allow you to run commands, call programs etc.  These classes communicate
with a number of different host server jobs on your iSeries.  There is one
job for program/command calls, one for database, one for spooled files, one
for data queues etc.  Here is some reference information:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/index.htm?info/rzahh/access.htm

So for example, the spooled file plugin talks to different server jobs than
something which is doing program calls or JDBC database access.  The
library list of those jobs doesn't matter because it isn't possible to run
programs or commands in that job.  Actually, it is not possible to even set
the library list because the ADDLIBLE command will run in the command job.
This is one of the challenges with using JDBC on the iSeries, because if
you want to set the *LIBL to control the files you access, and you try to
run a command to do so, the command does not run in the same job as the
JDBC stuff.  In that case, you can get around it by running the command as
a stored procedure via JDBC, but I digress.

The QZRCSRVS jobs are the program call/command jobs and is where the bulk
of the work is done (although the spooled file plugin does not use these).
I would guess that the Implementer plugin is running commands and programs,
so it is likely using these jobs.

You shouldn't have as many as you say you do.  My guess is that it is a
by-product of the problem you started with where you get that message.  I
do not know why WDSC can no longer talk to the jobs, but once it can't what
it is likely doing is starting a new one, so you are getting a bunch of
orphaned jobs in all likelihood.

Finally, I believe that our messages plugin will use its own server
QZRCSRVS server job if you use the option to monitor your interactive
message queue.  This is because it needs to run in its own thread so that
it can grab the messages as they come in.  We are actually using the
Messages class from JT400, but under the covers I believe the IBM class is
just calling the standard message API's like QMHRCVPM.  So Messages do not
have their own host server like spooled files.

This doesn't solve your problem, but hopefully it sheds some light on what
you are seeing and will allow you to refocus on what the problem might be.

Mark

      To    wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
      cc
      bcc
      Subject     [WDSCI-L] RSE Connections Continue To Get Lost or
Confused?
duie.olson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/15/2004 09:37 AM CST
<HR><font size=-1>Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx></font><HR>         <font size=-1></font>

Hi all,
I am on 5.1.0.1 will all fixes applied including the LPEX editor patch for
scrolling issues. We connect to the iSeries V5R2 machine, current on PTF's
per the verify connections option.  We get the connection established, open
the filters to view source, compile, etc.  Then, out of nowhere,  a message
pops up stating:

EVFC9143Q      The server is not responding, or the current communications
request is taking a long time. Do you wish to cancel this request?

Good grief, I am confused.  I connected and am looking at the code, spool
files, iSeries message,(Thanks Mark and Softlanding since IBM can't provide
the obvious need).  What is this coming from?  Whether or not I say Yes or
No to cancel the request, I continue to review source, compile etc.

One thing I did notice.  Perhaps Softlanding and IBM need to hook up on
this one. I don't know.
When I do a WRKOBJLCK <userid> *USRPRF, I see a dozen of the QZRCSRVS jobs
out there.  I blew them all away, end *immediate style.  It told me that my
connection was lost in WDSC.  Makes sense.   So I reconnect to view My
Active Jobs.  It then would show 1 job.  Makes sense to me, since i just
created it from the active jobs requests previously.  Now, to view
Softlanding Spool files and messages and refresh My Active Jobs:  Spool
files creates yet another connection under job QNPSRVS.  iSeries messages
did not create any new connection at all.
Getting to what I noticed....

The iSeries Spool files job QNPSRVS does NOT connect with the connection
set library list and all additional libraries I add during the creation of
my connection in RSE.  It should!!!

After a couple hours of work, off to a meeting, come back and work off and
on, etc.  I look at the WRKOBJLCK <userid> *USRPRF  again and now there are
6 to 8 other jobs in there that NEVER go away.  Who knows which one is
current.   Thus my problem I think with the message popping up.

I use a plugin for Implementer to WDSC that ties into the connection to the
iSeries to check out, promote, etc.   It seems to use the iSeries Spool
Files connection(which does not have my added libraries for Implementer in
them) therefore failing on the commands to checkout, promote etc.

Sounds to me like RSE is loosing it's mind.  And so am I to be spending
such an ungodly amount of time on this whole thing.   I am not selling this
to my developers to well when my pilot staff members are going at a slower
pace that the green screeners are due to problems incountered.

Sorry for the mini novel, but I don't have a phone number to call anyone to
start getting this all figured out.  This seems to be the best place to get
response to issues the quickest.  I am not calling our BP, it took 3 months
to get the 5.1 cd's... It'll be next Christmas before the help me get
support.

Regards,

Duie