I believe in WDSC a user action is defined as being specifically for
either an object or a member.  You can obviously define the action under
both categories.

I really like the search feature in WDSC.  It can search multiple source
files no problem.  The results come up in a window and you can then open
the editor right to the line where the match is found.  A nice enhancement
request might be to enable user actions in the search results list so you
could do something other than open an editor.

Mark

wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 12/30/2003 12:03:32 PM:

> Mark
>
> Thanks for the clarification. IBM is really trying, I can see, to make
this
> thing work.
>
> In PDM, when I create a user option for a member, it can be run against
an
> object with unpredictable results. Is that what you refer to in the
second
> paragraph below?
>
> A question - is there yet any way to get a mass search of source (and
even
> data files), as I can do with PDM option 25? E.g., if I've a subset of
> PF-SRC in WRKOBJPDM, I can put 25 on them all (F13) and get all members
in
> all files processed. And it'll take actions I define in the Search
window,
> such as browse (5) or edit(2) or a user option. And optional output of
the
> results. And in Edit, I can set up a search-and-replace in the first
member
> found, and that setup is maintained throughout the rest of the search.
The