I do not know how the caching works, but even with caching it seems like
they would have to do some kind of resolving of the member with the *LIBL,
to see where it should be loaded from.  If the member is cached it does not
have to be loaded, but resolving 25 source members might still take up some
time?

Also, perhaps there are problems where it doesn't cache nested /COPY
statements?

Just wild speculation.  Aaron, how long does it take to refresh our outline
view, do it twice so that cache can be used.  Others, what sort of times do
you see when refreshing an outline with a lot of /COPY statements?

Mark