Mark

Yes, the things to change would be as you say. And the complexity of iSeries objects would need knowledge of the various attributes, in order to allow changing the common items. One example might be ownership, another could be authorities. It is even conceivable that the text description could be made the same for all selected items.

Instead of a "Change" option - could be called that - I guess I'm thinking of the Properties item that is there now and which does allow changing the description for some things, as I recall.

The intelligence behind this is not trivial - you'd need to know object types and what can be done with each. So, in the case of several objects of different unrelated types, things of a general object nature would appear. OTOH, if all were user profiles, those options could be enabled. If all were files but some physicals, some logicals, some display files, there's be file-related things, plus general object-related items, to enable.

Now maybe, to have something more like the command (parameter) line in PDM (and other iSeries screens), add to the PDM options we're getting an option for "Additional parameters". The command behind the "PDM" options would dictate what is enabled here. Or a text box in which to enter them, if you know what to do, just as we can now in PDM or WRKSPLF.

In CODE there are prompted and unprompted actions. Perhaps something like that could be done - Ctrl-F4 could have a prompt applied to all selected items, just F4 could bring up a prompt for each item, something like that.

I'm sure there is more to consider - the design of PDM was not trivial, I'm sure, nor will this be, But thanks for making me put my money where my mouth has been!

Vern