Danielle,

You might check the Inactivity Timer on the Line Description being used.
WRKLIND

Otherwise you could have a job running while this job is running that puts
WrkActJob output to a file and checks for the job by name &/or subsystem.
Have it cycle until a certain time has expired, use EndJob to terminate
the offending job.  If the program does not detect the Job when it cycles
the monitor job could terminate.

Jack