For the record, last I knew, GEAC no longer officially supports the concept of
the separate WORLD...  JBA-UK never did...!!!  I think it was more of a local
phenomenon started by Randy Hazzard in the Novi office in late 1997.

The problem is that you could run multiple Worlds on the same CPU and only pay
for one set of authorization codes...!!!

You could turn your little AS/400 into an A$P...  (Application $ervice Provider)

This would not be conducive to generating revenue for Geac...  It's probably
highly illegal too...

Also, there are some limitations such as not being able to run 2 copies of the
Machine Manager after PTF MM V3 0014 is applied...
Prior to that you had to have a special piece of source code for MM026CLP that
allowed you to run two copies simultaneously...

That, being said, however, there is a valid use for the World concept and we
continue to use it here, alas, with just one copy of Machine Manager running.
It's a great way to pre-install PTFs and test out the changes...

Good Luck.

"Mex Davis" <mis@bekumamerica.com> on 11/09/2001 03:12:13 PM

Please respond to jbausers-l@midrange.com