  • Subject: RE: Obsolete purchased items
  • From: Ram Hari <ramhari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 09:35:31 -0400

At Wasserstrom we made a mod using the PTYP35(Item Type) field. We have set
parameters like Active, Obsolete, Quote only etc. and have made mod to both
sales and purchase Order entry. We have also made a mod to the Item search
rebuild program to eliminate items that are obsolete or set for deletion
from showing up.
Deleting Item supplier profile will not work for us because our users
sometimes create Item supplier profile while entering PO, so they might not
know the difference and press F22 function key.
Deleting stock bal record is not an option because we might have existing
orders that still have the item.
Before making this mod we used to change Item description to "Do not use" so
that the user realized that the item is obsolete/deleted.

Ram S. Hari
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
mailto:ramhari@wasserstrom.com
Voice 614.228.6525 Ext. 8542