  • Subject: Re: OS V4R5
  • From: "Steve Haessler" <Haessler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 10:32:54 -0600

Jeff,
        We were on V4R3 prior to the move to V4R5.  The upgrade itself went
extremely smooth.
        The following is a description of the Future3 issue put together by the
programmer who discovered the problem and dealt with IBM and Future3:

Program in question was RSRI1000, Shipping/Invoice History Inquiry.  Would blow
up when paging down third time.
IBM said it was a Future-3 problem, but I still think it's an IBM micro code
problem.  Fix was to drop four lines of code in program, 1673 - 1676.
@01  C****                   READ      RSLSHSB1
@01  C**** *IN98         IFEQ      '0'
@01  C****                   READP     RSLSHSB1
@01  C****                   ENDIF
In truth, I didn't think the program needed the code, but there is nothing
wrong with the RPG code.

Regards,
Steve

>>> Jeff_Klipa/Harvard@harvardind.com 12/19/00 08:57AM >>>
Steve,

We are on V4R4M0 presently and I have the same problem with the DSPFLD
command and having to press F10 to see the field detail...  So that is not
caused by V4R5...

Can you give details on the Future 3 Shipper Inquiry problem...?
And the program fix you put in place...?
What OS/400 level were you at prior to V4R5...?

Thanks.

"Steve Haessler" <Haessler@strattec.com> on 12/19/2000 08:57:53 AM

Please respond to JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com