  • Subject: Re: GEAC providing Source Code - for a price...
  • From: "Barry Foxworthy" <bfoxworthy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 19:50:55 -0400

    As a former employee of JBA prior to the GEAC purchase, they must have
retained some of those JBA ridiculous ideas on generating revenue. They have
NOT figured out what true customer support is yet. Once they provide quality
service with quality people I would think the customer base will use their
services.  This policy must be a narrow minded attempt to recover lost
revenue due to poor management and the misunderatnding of what the Customer
truly needs. They lost some their best employees by not empowering them to
turn things around. Don't take me wrong they still have some very good
consultants and I wish them all well. Once GEAC understands what the JBA
customer base needs are and willing to meet those needs, Well, maybe they
can build the trust they have lost. I hope they wake up soon. I also vote
the policy must go. Other ERP packages I have worked on/with did not have
this policy or so called rumor.  But my vote does not count anymore.
Good Luck.
Barry Foxworthy