Well, no, we've already beaten the topic of trying to do restricted
system-type stuff from batch like a dead horse numerous times on the
midrange-l list.

The real kicker is the potential to signon to a workstation that is not
normally in the QCTL subsystem.  I tried the TFRJOB QCTL from my QINTER
session, and Wow!, there it is, bye-bye QINTER, hello QCTL.

So let's say I do a TFRJOB QCTL and then do an ENDSBS *ALL.  Will my
session be clobbered or will I remain signed on?  Will the system be
able to go into a restricted state?

I'm still confused what role the job queue plays in changing my
interactive session from one subsystem to another.  CPF1293 is sent from
TFRJOB to say that "The job has been successfully transferred to the
specified job queue. TFRJOB command ended the routing step in subsystem
QINTER in library QSYS on 10:54:03 08/31/01.  The job transferred to job
queue QCTL in library QSYS."

>The job transferred to job queue QCTL in library QSYS.<
Here it plainly states that my interactive job was transferred to a job
queue.  This flies in the face of everything I thought I knew about
interactive, batch, and job queues.  I.e.,
    batch = job queue
    interactive <> job queue

Ready for some enlightenment.  Is this a good opportunity to read up on
work management?

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company