Dan
I'm at home so I don't have the descriptions handy (it's 7:00am here in NZ)
but this should get you started....

Batch work:

I created a subsystem called NIGHTB that was essentially the same as QBATCH
with a Jobq entry for a jobq called NIGHTB. I submit all the jobs to this
jobq and start it as part of my nightly processing. I use Job priority to
sequence nightly processing and batch jobs.

Interactive work:

I just copied the QInter description and then removed/altered the QCMDI
routing entry to  something else (QCMDX I think but the particular value is
not important). I then added this routing entry into QINTER as well, so
that the individuals with after hours access also had during hours access !
The routing entry in QINTER was in addition to the normal QCMDI entry. I
then modified the job description of the individuals to have QCMDX as the
routing data.

My workstation entry is now set to all as I let the routing entry do the
"security work" and that way I have access to any device at any time
depending on the after hours needs. Its a bitch finding out you have a new
device name or forgot a device at 2:00am....

Some other points - I pretty much run everything in *base after hours to
provide maximum memory for whatever is executing. Since my nightly job
queue is (currently) single threaded I saw no advantage to utilising a
second pool for interact for what was likely to be very limited interactive
work. While I was getting this right I regularly signed on to check whether
the nightly jobs were running with a Base and system pool and maybe a spool
one, the idea being that they run in as large a pool as possible with the
minimum contention.

Of course, I'm running on an 820 now so the loading makes tuning rather
difficult (average cpu of 10% during peak hours)

The last jobs in my nightly job stream end the NIGHTB and NIGHTI subsystems
so that they are not active (as a side note I start the NIGHTI subsystem
before I end Qinter just on the off chance that if something goes wrong....)

The only gotcha is that with workstations set to all, if NIGHTI remains
active during the day then users will sometimes get that subsystem instead
of QINTER. I haven't bothered to fix this (I can't remember how anyway)
because it is only an occasional problem and the substem should not be
active anyway.

If you need any more detail let me know.

Hope this helps

Regards
Evan Harris