On 6/5/24 1:18 PM, Patrik Schindler wrote:
That's the best thing you can do: Steal their time, and enjoy!

Decades ago, before Touchtone, I was called in for a job interview with a software company I'd never heard of. On reading the materials I was given in the waiting room, I realized that they developed software for programmed stock trading.

From the first time I learned of the *existence* of programmed stock trading, I've held it in even lower regard than I hold *insider* stock trading. It is a purely parasitic activity, effectively stealing money from the corporations against which it is practiced, and from their shareholders.

And so I decided right then and there to treat it as a "practice oral," with the one difference being that I knew it wasn't for real, but the interviewer wouldn't.

Eventually, after I felt that I'd learned enough to help me get a job I actually wanted, I told the interviewer what I thought of programmed stock trading, and that there was no amount of money they could possibly pay me, that would induce me to work for them, and walked out.

I would not be surprised if that experience helped me, in some small way, to land my current job, the one I've held for about three decades now.

--
JHHL