Maria - I don't think your advice will help Brad - if I understand what he wanted.

I _think_ he wants an _unedited_ second window (assumedly he would prefer browse only as you can in RDi) so that he can reinstate code selectively for the original if he had deleted/changed things and then changed his mind.

As to my issues - actually I use NetBeans for PHP and don't find it an issue. It is VSC's little teeny windows that annoy me. In RDi I can have a small view of (say) my IFS files and then blow that window out to full screen when I need to see a lot of entires at the same time. That is a pain in VSC as you appear to have to drag the boundary lines up and down. It would be much better if the different views were on different tabs or something so that you could see more. I can rarely see more than about 10 or 12 items at a time without adjusting the view size. Perhaps that is just a limitation of Liam's extension but all other extensions I've used seem to have the same problem. Eclipse based IDEs like RDi allow you to full screen any view or even tear it off to another monitor (for example). Because VSC basically appears to be "browser" based it doesn't seem to have that flexibility.

I do need to explore VSC further and maybe a few generic training videos would help - but as I noted before so much of it is non-intuitive to me.

Jon P.