The issue with Excel is that it's a programming language but not subject to
programming best practices, like design reviews, acceptance testing, and
change control. It's a great data visibility and reporting tool for both
users and programmers...as long as that's its scope.

When a spreadsheet chock-full of formulas, logic, and unknown assumptions
is put together by one person and drives critical management decisions, I
look for independent confirmation.

Yes, HLL programs can be guilty of the same sins, but hopefully the process
has been visible to many more people.

\reeve

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 5:06 PM Frank Kolmann <Frank.Kolmann@xxxxxxxxx>