huh?
Two points:

* the design issues have nothing to do with the platform;
* learning how to use radio buttons, check boxes, and scroll bars is
an afternoon's work. For example, a good looking modern scroll bar
is available with ONE keyword.  It can't be any simpler.  *

If you are an old time RPG programmer like me you can have a modern 5250 interface done and delivered before you have figured out how to make your web landing page and server in the IFS.

Please understand; I understand that 5250 and text-based computing is on the way out.  It's going to be voice control, small screens, and a lot of AI, doing away with "users" altogether.  I am not looking to stop that trend, but I do see a lot of 25-year old code still in use and I suspect that will still be true in 2045.

* for the fun of it, find a subfile program that is not wall-to-wall (must have room for 3 new columns).  Find the line:

SFLEND(*MORE) and modify it to SFLEND(*SCRBAR *MORE).  Compile it, and take a look. Can't get much simpler.

*

*

*

*