From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter Dow
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2020 5:20 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Are we not developers?

Hi Vlad,

I have seen RPG on other platforms, but that was probably RPG II, and
probably not used for businesses.

However, the "IBM proprietary platform" runs more than just RPG. Most
modern languages I've heard of run on it.

There are still many programs written in RPG, COBOL, etc. on the IBM i
that are still running and probably will be for years. Part of the
attraction is the work management capabilities of the OS which I don't
see on other machines.  And I've worked on a bunch of different hardware
besides IBM's -- Data General, NCR, Prime, MicroData, Univac, as well as
PCs running Windows and Linux.

But no matter, if you stick with what you're doing you will probably be
in our position one day.  Progress!

--
*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.