Ok that did the trick. Thanks Booth. I used a 4MB field to get the whole  array DS and when I eval'ed in debug bingo the error was obvious.

My error, (red face) It was a bug in my definition of the DS. The Comment field was defined as 4000 bytes in one DS and 1000 in the other.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.