Sam,

I had assumed (always dangerous I know) that since techie21/Rishi was using
DSPLY (and that the original program was not since Rishi is customizing the
text) that change to the programs would be possible. As Barbara points
out, if change to PGMA and PGMB is not allowed, but change to the CL
program is, then using an approach like she described would meet the
requirement. The only change I would make is that using List Job Log
Messages (QMHLJOBL)
<https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_74/apis/QMHLJOBL.htm>
isn't
really all that hard (smiley face as it really all depends, but once you
learn a list API...).

A related approach would be to use Open List of Job Log Messages (QGYOLJBL)
<https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_74/apis/QGYOLJBL.htm>
.