I wanted to follow up with the response I got from the easy400 mailing list. The links provided by Giovanni do have the answers to my questions with a lot of detailed explanation as well. Many Thanks to Everyone who participated and provided answers to my questions. Here is the response from Giovanni.

Thanks to everyone providing answers to David Lerman question while I was away.

I think that the whole trouble arises from Paul Tuohy calling “directives” (NOT HTTTP CONFIGURATION DIRECTIVES!!!) what are simply “CGIDEV2 HTML internal html notations”.

CGIDEV2 features a full tutorial starting at page http://cgidev2.easy400.net/cgidev2o/tutorial.htm#4 .

The answer to David’s question is at page http://cgidev2.easy400.net/cgidev2o/exhibit3.htm and is related to naming conventions of HTML output sections issued to the WEB browser from CGIDEV2-based programs.

CGIDEV2 also features a number of small demo programs (see page http://cgidev2.easy400.net/cgidev2o/demos.htm ). One may easily display the sources of these programs and understand how a CGI program creates the HTML output sent to the WEB browser.

Giovanni B. Perotti