Yes... but the biggest difference between WDSCi "then" and RDi "now" is exactly what the OP ran into. There are too many "new" features (like totally FREE formatting) that make SEU nearly impossible to use.

-----Original Message-----
From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2018 9:38 AM
To: 'RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)' <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: SEU support for Free format in the F and D specs

As Jon Paris pointed out, when WSCDi was included in the software cost for the compilers, (It was never "Free") no one cared. As soon as it became a separate product, then interest went way up.

Part of that is due to feature/function, part of it is general awareness, part of it was pure marketing.

Been there / done that / not gonna happen again........

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects