Clear as mud, Vern. :)

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 5:31 PM Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Thomas

I think I already responded to an earlier post like this. Whatever, right?

List price US$ for the authorized user license is $1120 - annual
maintenance could be $250 or so.

There was around a 30% discount if you trade seats of ADTS (Application
Developer Tool Set), the green-screen development tools on the IBM i. So
now you're down to less than $800 - we do that for every copy we license.

Maintenance is based on the list price. But after 2 years, your cost
with the discount is about $1050, after 3 years, $1300.

The floating license price on the site Buck gives is $913 - you have to
pay that amount every year, it is a limited-to-one-year license with
maintenance for the year. Personally I don't see much benefit to getting
this license - others can speak to that.

After 2 years, your cost is $1825, after 3 years, $2738. for one license
- now, yes, if you had 2 licenses and had 2 people using them in a day
at different times, it would be like $1350 per developer after 3 years.
Authorized user would be $1300, just a bit more.

But go to 4 years - now the per developer for 2 floating is $1825 and
total cost for authorized per developer is $1550 or less.

I could be off some here, but it seems as you go out in years, it's
better to get the authorized for everyone.

If you had 3 people using the floating per day, you would push the
break-even out more, but you would get there, probably in 6 or 7 years,
at a wild guess.

I just hope you can get the powers to see the benefit of using this
vastly better tooling.

Regards
Vern

Bradley V. Stone
www.bvstools.com
MAILTOOL Benefit #10 <https://www.bvstools.com/mailtool.html>: Resend
Emails - When emails are sent using MAILTOOL Plus or another addon, those
emails are logged and you have the ability to resend them one by one, or as
a batch (ie, all unsent emails at once).