Hello all,

My view may differ from most of what I have read so far but here it goes:

- We only use page at a time subfile

PRO
- Just one type of subfile to master
- Faster at execution time (take about the same time to load from a 100 record as from a 1,000,00 record file)
- no error message when you scroll past the end of the file (handle by the program). In fact, avoid all the problem related to the partially filled last page of the subfile
- If the filter is defined (recommended) and it is changed, I only reload 1 page, not the entire file
- "position to" works better (in a load all subfile, you reload everything from the position to selection. But then, you can not do a page up since you reach the beginning of the subfile even if some data should be accessible)
- If one row is changed/added/deleted, we only have to reload 1 page
- each page up or down brings up to date information
CON
- The programming is more complex because we must handle page up/down, the loading of individual pages .... We solved that problem by using a template RPG program that has all the subfile management logic built into it.
- We do not know the total number of rows that meets the selection criteria.

This is in a green screen environment. I do not have enough experience in a browser base development to pass any solid judgment.

Thanks