There is an MI TOD concept, the "Standard Time Format", and it is a 64-bit value. It changed at 6.1 of the OS, before that, the 1st 48 bits represented the number of 8-microsecond units of time. The remaining bits, 49-63, guaranteed uniqueness.

At 6.1, the time unit went down to 1 microsecond, and the 1st 51 bits represented the number o 1-microsecond units of time. This provided better granularity to the microsecond level, The uniqueness bits were those from 52-63.

I believe this uniqueness goes across the system, so that you get up to 4,095 events within the same microsecond - I think - the uniqueness values are non-zero, if I read things correctly.

Anyone, please correct me as needed.

Vern