On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Brad

As to Ctrl-C, etc. - you can have that in the CA/IBM i Access emulator -
there may even now be a keyboard map with it from IBM, but in any case, I
have one - and lots more on it - like Ctrl-A for CopyAppend and Ctrl-N for
PasteNext - some favorite functionality I learned about not so long ago.

I have used WDSC and RDp and RDi in various versions on different machines
- they have not all been OUR machine.

So I'll give you a qualified "Yes", you can connect to any machine. No
license issues.

I don't know about the floating license. That seems to use a license
server, I think I've heard.

And you can work with any reasonable OA version. I suppose it's possible
some functionality would not be available. And syntax checking, as others
have said here, is done at the level used in your version of RDi - it's not
selectable in there for RPG, at least.

Seems to me that if you buy a copy through Passport Advantage, do you have
to specify a machine?

Main issue to my mind is, are the PTFs up to date that are required?

And are the ports open?

HTH
Vern

I've never run into one person using CA that has them mapped (which anyhow,
since 1972 should have been mapped to being with.. lol). And I probably
get on at least 4-5 different customer's machines a week on average.

Every time I highlight, Ctl-C and bing... locks up the session lol. Then I
remember I have to highlight, go to Edit, copy, etc.. etc..

I was aware they "can" be, but that's one reason I still use my old copy of
powerterm. I didn't have to do that. :)

Must have come from OS/2 lol.

Maybe there should be a keyboard mapping class at COMMON for CA users. It
has to be frustrating.

Sort of moot and just a pet peave.. I was more concerned if I had to use
RDi on V5R2 up to V7R2 would the latest version of RDi "work" on all of
them, or would I need one old version for the older OS versions?

Brad
www.bvstools.com