Dieter,

Thanks, but I don't code in java and my German is as rusty as my java ;-)

On the server side I code in ILE/RPG (/free) and use a lot of the system
API's under QC2LE etc. written in C/C++ and occasional I also call JAVA
from RPG such as Apache POI.

On the client side I code in HTML, CSS, javascript and OO javascript using
the classes and methods in EXT JS and TOUCH from http://www.Sencha.com

Since I never have meet a problem that couldn’t be solved in the above
mentioned server side environment I would regard time spend on
education/learning in order to change to another programming language for a
waste of time not to mention that I have millions of lines still in RPG.

For 10 years I have been coding in HTML, CSS and javascript and for 5 years
I have been coding in OO javascript. I feel that the time I have used
learning OO javascript and EXT JS is much better spend than if I have spent
time changing my server language environment for no apparent reason.

To me it is a matter for deploying a “Single Code Base” strategy and I will
rather be good at one server side language and one client side language
than half good at 10 and that strategy has up till now paid off because
with products like phonegap I can also cover and create 7 other native
mobile phone APP’s on the same client code base.