I'll throw my two cents in here...

Not only was the CPYFRMIMPF change documented in the v5r3 Memo to
Users, but if you followed IBM's recommendations in the first place
and had CCSID properly set on the file (and system), then you weren't
affected by the by the change anyway!

I know this is a pet peeve of Rob's, but I'd hardly care it evidence
that IBM doesn't put a lot of effort into upward compatibility.

-Charles