stefan,

I do not know what the PLIST each Program B has, but I should try to make
the PLIST for all progam Bs a generic one.

Then you can do a traditional
CALL PGMB
PARM Output
PARM Input

Or when using a prototype use a procedure pointer to the called program B
(if it works that way, I have never used this myself so far)

Oh, I forgot, "no procedure calls": the last and perhaps only resort might
be the good ol' LDA.

With regards,
Carel Teijgeler