On 13-Feb-09, at 1:00 PM, rpg400-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I recall that source was available at IBM's Easy400 site, but is that still the case with the CTC download? And is there any written license. When it comes to copyrights, I try not to assume anything.

The IBM download includes the source - yes.

This copyright notice is included in every source member - pretty standard IBM stuff.

* This material is provided by IBM for illustrative purposes *
* only and has not been thoroughly tested under all conditions. *
* IBM, therefore, cannot guarantee or imply reliability, *
* serviceability, or function of this material. IBM provides *
* no program services for this material. All material contained *
* herein is provided to you "AS IS" without any warranties of *
* any kind. THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS *
* FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGMENT ARE EXPRESSLY *
* DISCLAIMED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION *
* OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY *
* TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL IBM BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY *
* DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR *
* ANY USE OF THIS MATERIAL, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY *
* LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER *
* DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN *
* IF WE ARE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. *
* *
* (C) Copyright IBM Corp. 1997, 2005 *
* All rights reserved. *
* US Government Users Restricted Rights - *
* Use, duplication, or disclosure restricted *
* by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp. *
* *
* Licensed Materials - Property of IBM *

What does it mean - well one could imply that since it is for "illustrative purposes only" then you can pretty much do what you want with it - but then there's that pesky "copyright" notice which implies otherwise.

I'll have another dig at some IBMers and see if they can't at least get a clear statement made about it.

Jon Paris

www.Partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com