If there are no summary functions in the report, i.e., subtotals, you might be able to get away with creating a logical file in the order you want and doing a lead-in cl program to override to the new file. Alternatively, opnqyrf in a cl program could re-order the file.

Adam West wrote:

HI I have a report that is printing by Invoice number. It is used as a kind of picking/packing sheet by the warehouse. What they would like would be to print the report by Model number for efficiency. Since this is an old cycle RPG report I am hesitant to change the structure of the program. I would rather look at the spool file and get the model number and redo the order.
I was wondering if this is an easy task to do. The other option I guess would be to add a work file to the program and as a separate report print the recap of what is needed to be picked. But I think they would prefer not to be cluttered with yet another stack of papers.