It is an update program based on that Invoice number. I can play around with not updating it, as a second program, and see what the order is and if I get the same number of pages, it could be the answer. Let the first run as is, don't print that report, then run a dummy program for the order.

--- On Sun, 8/10/08, Jim Franz <jfranz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Jim Franz <jfranz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: e-Arranging a spool file
To: "RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, August 10, 2008, 2:57 AM

If the report program does not do things like update, then re-ordering the
report may not be difficult. You would have to make changes in
RPG as well as however the file go sorted.
However, what you asked for - to process the spool file
CPYSPLF command will write a spool file into a flat text file on the system.
Usually CRTPF a work file with length 133 and then CPYSPLF
into it.
There are some tricks to getting the spool file number and other parms
needed for CPYSPLF.
It may be much easier to write a work file from existing print program,
sort it how you want, and then print.
Is this RPG & CLP (and perhaps opnqryf or fmtdta) or RPG36 and OCL or what?

Jim Franz