IMO just about anything would be a better idea than reading & rewriting the data from an already spooled report. Irrespective of ease, that is a path worth avoiding whenever possible. Given a choice of "report produced from the data", or a "report produced from a report", which one of those even /sounds like/ the wrong thing to do? :-)

Regards, Chuck

Adam West wrote:

I have a report that is printing by Invoice number. It is used as
a kind of picking/packing sheet by the warehouse. What they would
like would be to print the report by Model number for efficiency.

Since this is an old cycle RPG report I am hesitant to change the
structure of the program. I would rather look at the spool file and get the model number and redo the order.

I was wondering if this is an easy task to do.

The other option I guess would be to add a work file to the program
and as a separate report print the recap of what is needed to be
picked. But I think they would prefer not to be cluttered with yet
another stack of papers.