From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Steve Richter
Sent: Wed 6/18/2008 2:25 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Is RPG 'DEAD"

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Lim Hock-Chai

Lim,

a feature by feature discussion is interesting to me, but the bottom
line from my POV is that C# and Java have class libraries and RPG does
not. The reason is because those two languages have the features
needed to write and use a robust set of reuseable classes. RPG is a
good language. Applications written in RPG dont sink under their own
weight like they do in COBOL.

On the other hand, a case can be made that delegates, virtual methods
and now monads make apps written in C# too complicated to read.
http://blogs.msdn.com/wesdyer/archive/2008/01/11/the-marvels-of-monads.aspx

-Steve