<snip>
There is no such thing as OPM (or even EPM) RPG IV.

RPG IV *is* ILE RPG.
</snip>

I don't know if I would quite agree with that. I think that it would be
more accurate to say that

ILE is implemented in RPG IV as well as other languages.

RPG IV is not necessarily RPG/ILE.

By this I mean you can write RPG IV all day long and not use one thing
from ILE. You can write the same old monolith code, use BIF's and even
use free-format but still not using ILE.

ILE/RPG is using the concepts of ILE for design and development.

Modular coding.
Subprocedures.
Service Programs.
Etc.

In short, engineering programs, not just here I am and start typing.

Of course, the thing that has always puzzled me is why management would
want anybody to write in monolith in the first place. The cost to
maintain monolith code is unreal. The same thing is true with allowing
programmers to create un-normalized databases. Might as well take money
out in the parking lot and have a bonfire.