From: Paul Raulerson

The SAP demo at Citrix does seem to be offline; talk to SAP, perhaps
they moved it. Try some of the Microsoft apps, they worked for me
here at home. I did not try them at work.

Why should I talk to SAP? I want YOU to show me enterprise applications
running on Citrix or NX, like you insisted that I do. Evidently you are
unable to do so.

As for internet performance, I explained that the connection I used
from work was a full 10meg/sec up and download, and was not loaded at
all when I tried your site.

Did you not read the bit about how my connection is 384KB only? And please
note, many people have much smaller pipes, especially for the Internet. If
you're talking WAN or LAN speed, however, it's easy to see that my pages
would be subsecond.

The pages took about a second to refresh
and display, with a couple of them taking a bit longer.

Cool! We're now down from "a second or two" to "about a second".

It was
probably caused by *your* internet connection. Not ours.

This is correct. My 384KB connection causes a latency of about half a
second. Which is why if you were getting two second response time I'd say
it was YOUR connection, not mine.

Same
behavior by the way, from home, which is on 9mb/s cable modem.

Yes, Paul, because both are constrained by MY 384KB uplink.

The
applications are good, they just are not what *I* would call
polished. Appearance is not everything, but can easily make or break
a sale.

This is why I tried to stay away from the application. Now that I've
disproven everything you said about speed (and you haven't shown us a single
working application, even though you brought it up), you're slamming my DEMO
because it isn't polished. And yet you can't even show us a working
application!

Here's the fun bit: my demo took NO CODING. The iQ version is what you get
OUT OF THE BOX using OPSC to convert the 5250 program. No manual tweaks of
the generated JSP, no coding. Out of the box. One green screen command to
convert, a second one to deploy. Takes about a couple of seconds. Quite a
bit faster than writing a thick client, I'd say.

If you pass through Austin, come by my office and I can show you the
kind of performance we need and demand. And *get* from everything we
deploy.

No, Paul, I'm waiting for you to prove it here on the list. You challenged
me, I met your challenge. Now meet your own. Show us a working ERP
application with subsecond speed over the Internet.

I'll buy you lunch too.

Not looking for lunch, Paul, just the truth. Truth is, JSP works.

Joe