From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Fleming, Greg (ED)
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2006 2:17 AM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Parameters Stepping on each other

This is weird.  We have a CL submitting an RPG.  When we debug, the
parameters look fine in the CL, but they seem to be stepping on each
other when we look at them in the RPG.

Here's some code snippets:

DCL        VAR(&PUSERID10) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)

DCL        VAR(&PASSWRD10) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)

DCL        VAR(&PIPADDRS) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(48)

DCL        VAR(&PFMDIR) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(256)

DCL        VAR(&PTODIR) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(256)

DCL        VAR(&PFILENAME) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(50)

DCL        VAR(&PPRODTYPE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1)

SBMJOB     CMD(CALL PGM(FF407AR) PARM(&PUSERID10 +

                          &PASSWRD10 &PIPADDRS &PFMDIR &PTODIR +

                          &PFILENAME &PPRODTYPE)) JOB(FTP_PC2PC) +

 JOBQ(QBATCH2) HOLD(*NO)

---------------------------------------

D $Entry_Parms    Pr                  ExtPgm('FF407AR')

D  Pr_UserId                    10A

D  Pr_UserPwrd                  10A

D  Pr_IPAddress                 48A

D  Pr_FrmDir                   256A

D  Pr_ToDir                    256A

D  Pr_FileName                  50A

D  Pr_ProductType...

D                                1A

 *

D $Entry_Parms    Pi

D  P_UserId                     10A

D  P_UserPwrd                   10A

D  P_IPAddress                  48A

D  P_FrmDir                    256A

D  P_ToDir                     256A

D  P_FileName                   50A

D  P_ProductType...

D                                1A

The first two parms look OK in the RPG, but the IPAddress has the first
five chars of the FrmDir tacked onto the end, and all the subsequent
parms are likewise including the ones after them, except the last one,
which is correct.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Greg Fleming