Shailendra,

Thanks for the link.  I did try the archives (hardly ever think to check
the FAQ...I should do that more often).  Guess I couldn't quite work out
the best keywords to search on.  "Parameters stepping on each other"
didn't yield much.  I guess "CL" and "Parameters" might have done
better.

And thanks to all who responded, as well.  Since, in this case, the CL
program is being called from another RPG procedure, I think we'll just
put the parms in a datastructure and pass it through the CL to the final
RPG program.  I think that should avoid the problem...

Greg