I'm afraid you'd be shot for that here. <grin>

What's the use of having a long name if you don't use it?

If you want to group them, fine....but only in order to set/reset them all at
once.  Using a big long string to set some off and some on wouldn't fly.

Here's an example:

d gDisplayFileControl...
d                 ds                  qualified
d  FunctionKeys                   n   overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 1)
d                                     dim(24)
d     exit                        n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 3)
d     printList                   n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 5)
d     cancel                      n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 12)
d  PageUpDown                     n   overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 25)
d                                     dim(2)
d     pagedown                    n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 25)
d     pageup                      n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 26)
d  ReverseImage                   n   overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 51)
d                                     dim(10)
d     RI_PartNbr                  n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 51)
d     RI_Desc                     n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 52)
d     RI_VendNbr                  n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 53)
d     RI_AcctNbr                  n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 54)
d     RI_UOM                      n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 55)
d     RI_Class                    n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 56)
d     RI_Plant                    n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 57)
d     RI_Import                   n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 58)
d     RI_DrawCd                   n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 59)
d     RI_Spec                     n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 60)

In addition, note that you can use the file data structure to find out what key
has been pressed instead on using indicators.  Also, you can use the
DSPATR(&VARNAME) to control field attributes.

The only need for indicators in a display file is for certain keywords, like
SFLCLR, that need them.

HTH,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America