When I mention "work file", I mean just create a PF in qtemp.

For the situation you mentioned, I would feel "comfortable" using a work
file as a solution.  Create a PF with all the fields needed for the
subfile.  Then create a LF over the PF you created with keys on the
SALESMAN & CSTNBR.  Don't use the SELECT option in the LF for SALESMAN.
Before you run the subfile program CRTDUPOBJ of the PF and LF in QTEMP and
use OVRDBF.  Now your subfile program is ready to use the PF to dynamically
load the subfile.  The program will load the work file with the data needed
for the subfile, then use the logical over the work file to actually load
the subfile.

IMHO, I think the above method is pretty easy.  I like to keep it simple
;-).

hth,

Frank

"Douglas W. Palme" <dpalme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>@midrange.com on
03/29/2005 08:27:28 AM

Please respond to RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
       <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent by:    rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx