On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 02:14:42 -0500, Reeve <rfritchman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ... but the lack of a free-form
> GOTO/TAG is a burr under my coding saddle.

You know, I have wrestled with that very fact, and started to come to
the conclusion that some people just take this 'structured' approach
too far.  But soon after, I started to see the whole picture.  Alot of
times, when I was so tempted to use a TAG/GOTO pair, I realized that
instead of 'parachuting' into a section of code, I should have created
subprocedures out of the two chunks of code that I was jumping
between, and handled their functions as modules of code, then there
would be no need for the jumps.

The only times I really think a TAG/GOTO is when you present a screen
to a user, and you want to re-display if they made an error (user?
error?  nahh...), to show them their error, turn on an indicator and
... uh... GOTO?

In these cases, I usually code a DOU loop that the user falls out of
if they happen to get the screen parameters correct.

--
"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."