I have an SQL created file with long field name.  It also has shorter
system names for the fields.  I have an SQL statement in an RPG program
that is trying to use the long field name, but I get a compile error
saying the column is not in the table.

Here is the CREATE TABLE statement...

create table brmajobs.Assessors
( assessor_id for inspector int not null ,
  assessor_initials for inits char(50) not null ,
  assessor_name for name char(50) not null ,
  last_change_user for chgUser char(10) not null ,
  last_change_timestamp for chgStamp timestamp not null with default ,
  Primary Key( assessor_id )
);

And here is the DSPFFD for the first field:

 Field Level Information
               Data        Field  Buffer    Buffer        Field
Column
    Field      Type       Length  Length  Position        Usage
Heading
    INSPECTOR  BINARY       9  0       4         1        Both
Assessor ID
      Field text  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :  Assessor ID
      Alternative name  . . . . . . . . . . . . :  ASSESSOR_ID
      Default value . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :  None

I can use the field name "assessor_id" in STRSQL, but not in the
SQLRPGLE module.  Is there a compiler option I have to set to use the
long names or do I have to use the shorter system name in programs?

Joel
http://www.rpgnext.com