From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of M. Lazarus
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 7:41 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: IF Coding question

Bob,

  I'm not sure if it's mandated or not (w/o checking the order of
evaluation in the manual), but the following would be the preferable way to
mimic the original code:

    If       NOT ( TOT1a = TOT2a and TOT1b = TOT2bc )

  Although, my preference would be:

    If       TOT1a <> TOT2a Or TOT1b <> TOT2bc

  since it's more straightforward.

  -mark