From: Gary Thornton [mailto:gthornton2003@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 3:49 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: String value with an apostrophe ( ' )

So, to carry that logic forward, using two single apostrophes will be
"preserved" to a non-EBCDIC CCSID, as in this example:
      Eval PrintTime = Hour + ' o''clock'

(Personally, I never define a constant for a single apostrophe.  I
know by heart that 'o''clock' will generate o'clock.  But that's a
personal preference, and not intended to start a mini-holy war.)