Scott,

If for some reason port switching occured (and the vendor has said repeated
that it does) what api would i call to get the new port number to connect
to?  The vendor sees us coming in on 5550 and transferred to 50501 (or some
other port).

By the way Scott, would it be possible to arrange for a day of your time to
help debug this situation? I'm getting a tremendous amount of help from
this list (Buck, Jim, and otthers)but we're up against a pretty tight
deadline and I'm thinking I need a paid consultant to figure out what we're
doing wrong.  You can e-mail me directly at Ron@cpumms.com.

Scott wrote:

No.  Normally there is no port switching.   If there is an unusual
circumstance where port switching needs to occur, then the client
definitely needs to know about it, since it will have to call connect()
again to the new port.

Ron Hawkins