Jim,
We're not actually sending/receiving those messages, at least I don't think
we are. That was psuedo code from Buck describing the procsess that we
needed to follow. After the initial connection is made, the server moves us
to another port and we don't know how to determine what port we were moved
to.

Ron Hawkins

                    Jim Langston
                    <jlangston@celsin        To:     "'rpg400-l@midrange.com'"
<rpg400-l@midrange.com>
                    c.com>                   cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     RE: Sockets problem
(what is)
                    rpg400-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    04/22/02 12:48 PM
                    Please respond to
                    rpg400-l

You are talking program protocol, not TCP/IP protocol.  Which means,
however
their server is sending it.

It looks to me from this little snippet that they are actually sending the
text "move to port 999".  And you actually send the text "understood".

In which case, when you receive the text "move to port " you need to grab
the last part of that message and convert it to a number (in the example
999) and send a response string of "understood", close the connect then
initiate a new connection to the same server on port 999.

Without any more details of the protocol you are using I'm not 100%
positive, but from the description you are giving, that seems to be their
protocol.

Regards,

Jim Langston